STEM CELL SOCIETY
(A National Association of Stem Cell Therapists)
Registration No: guj/2176/gandhinagar
Proposed as “Stem Cell Society of India“
1. A. Sharma, P. Badhe, N. Gokulchandran, P. Kulkarni, V.C Jacob, M. Lohia, J. George Joseph, H. Biju, G. Chopra. Administration of Autologous bone marrow stem cells intrathecally in Multiple Sclerosis patients is safe and improves their quality of life. Indian Journal of clinical Practice. 2011:21(11):622-625
2. Alok Sharma, Prerna Badhe, Pooja Kulkarni, Nandini Gokulchandran, Guneet Chopra, Mamta Lohia, V.C.Jacob. Autologous Bone marrow Derived mononuclear cells for the treatment of Spinal Cord Injury. The Journal of Orthopaedics. 2011; 1(1): 33-36
3. Alok Sharma, Guneet Chopra, Nandini Gokulchandran, Mamta Lohia, Pooja Kulkarni. Autologous Bone Derived Mononuclear Transplantation in Rett Syndrome. Asian Journal of Paediatric Practice. 2011; 15 (1): 22-24
4. Alok Sharma, Prerna Badhe, Omshree Shetty, Pooja Vijaygopal, Nandini Gokulchandran, V.C. Jacob, Mamta Lohia, Hema Biju, Guneet Chopra. Autologous bone marrow derived stem cells for motor neuron disease with anterior horn cell involvement. Bombay hospital journal. 2011; 53(1): 71- 75
5. Sharma A, Gokulchandran N, Kulkarni P, Chopra G. Application of autologous bone marrow stem cells in giant axonal neuropathy. Indian J Med Sci 2010;64:41-4
6. Dr. A. Sharma, Ms. P. Kulkarni, Dr. G. Chopra, Dr. N. Gokulchandran, Dr. M. Lohia, Dr. P. Badhe. Autologous Bone Marrow Derived Mononuclear Cell Transplantation In Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy-A Case Report. Indian journal of Clinical Practice 2012; 23 (3): 169-72
7. Alok Sharma, Nandini Gokulchandran, Guneet Chopra, Pooja Kulkarni, Mamta Lohia, Prerna Badhe, V.C.Jacob. Administration of autologous bone marrow derived mononuclear cells in children with incurable neurological disorders and injury is safe and improves their quality of life. Cell Transplantation, 2012; 21 Supp 1: S1–S12.
8. Dr. Alok Sharma, Ms. Pooja Kulkarni, Dr. Hemangi Sane, Dr. Nandini Gokulchandran, Dr. Prerna Badhe, Dr. Mamta Lohia, Dr. Priti Mishra. Positron Emission Tomography- Computed Tomography scan captures the effects of cellular therapy in a case of cerebral palsy. Journal of clinical case reports. 2012 J Clin Case Rep 2:195. doi:10.4172/2165-7920.1000195
9. Dr. Suvarna Badhe, Ms. Pooja Kulkarni, Dr Guneet Chopra, Dr Nandini Gokulchandran, Dr Alok Sharma Dystrophin Deletion mutation pattern and Cardiac involvement in 46 cases of Dystrophinopathies. Asian journal of clinical cardiology. Asian Journal of Clinical Cardiology, Vol. 15, No. 6, October 2012: 211-214
10. Dr. Alok Sharma, Dr. Hemangi Sane, Dr. Prerna Badhe, Ms. Pooja Kulkarni, Dr. Guneet Chopra, Dr. Mamta Lohia, Dr. Nandini Gokulchandran. Autologous Bone Marrow Stem Cell Therapy shows functional improvement in hemorrhagic stroke- a case study. Indian Journal of Clinical Practice, 2012:23(2):100-105
11. Alok Sharma, Prerna Badhe, Nandini Gokulchandran, Pooja Kulkarni, Hemangi Sane, Mamta Lohia, Vineet Avhad. Autologous bone marrow derived mononuclear cell therapy for vascular dementia - Case report. Journal of stem cell research and therapy. J Stem Cell Res Ther 2:129. doi:10.4172/2157-7633.1000129
12. Alok Sharma, Hemangi Sane, Amruta Paranjape, Nandini Gokulchandran, Pooja Kulkarni and Anjana Nagrajan, Prerna Badhe. Positron Emission Tomography – Computer Tomography scan used as a monitoring tool following cellular therapy in Cerebral Palsy and Mental Retardation – A Case Report. Case Reports in Neurological Medicine. Volume 2013, Article ID 141983, 6 pages
13. Alok Sharma, Nandini Gokulchandran, Prerna Badhe, Pooja Kulkarni, Priti Mishra, Akshata Shetty and Hemangi Sane. An Improved Case of Autism as Revealed by PET CT Scan in Patient Transplanted with Autologous Bone Marrow Derived Mononuclear Cells. J Stem Cell Res Ther 2013, 3:2
14. Alok Sharma, Nandini Gokulchandran, Akshata Shetty, Hemangi Sane, Pooja Kulkarni and Prerna Badhe. Autologous Bone Marrow Mononuclear Cells may be Explored as a Novel. Potential Therapeutic Option for Autism. J Clin Case Rep 2013, 3:7
15. Alok Sharma, Amruta Paranjape, Hemangi Sane, Khushboo Bhagawanani, Nandini Gokulchandran, and Prerna Badhe. Cellular Transplantation Alters the Disease Progression in Becker’s Muscular Dystrophy. Case Reports in Transplantation. Volume 2013, Article ID 909328, 7 pages
16. Sharma A, Gokulchandran N, Sane H, Badhe P, Kulkarni P, Lohia M, Nagrajan A, Thomas N. Detailed analysis of the clinical effects of cell therapy for thoracolumbar spinal cord injury: an original study. Journal of Neurorestoratology. 2013;1:13-22
17. Alok Sharma, Nandini Gokulchandran, Hemangi Sane, Anjana Nagrajan, Amruta Paranjape, Pooja Kulkarni, Akshata Shetty, Priti Mishra, Mrudula Kali, Hema Biju, Prerna Badhe. Autologous bone marrow mononuclear cell therapy for autism – an open label proof of concept study. Stem cell international. 2013 (2013), Article ID 623875, 13 pages.
18. Alok Sharma, Hemangi Sane, Prerna Badhe, Nandini Gokulchandran, Pooja Kulkarni, Mamta Lohiya, Hema Biju, V.C.Jacob. A Clinical Study Shows Safety and Efficacy of Autologous Bone Marrow Mononuclear Cell Therapy to Improve Quality Of Life in Muscular Dystrophy Patients. Cell Transplantation. 2013 Vol. 22, Supplement 1, pp. S127–S138,
19. Alok Sharma, Nandini Gokulchandran, Hemangi Sane, Pooja Kulkarni, Nancy Thomas, Amruta Paranjape, Prerna Badhe. Intrathecal autologous bone marrow mononuclear cell transplantation in a case of adult autism. Autism open access. 2013, 3:2
20. A Sharma, P Kulkarni, N Gokulchandran, P Badhe, VC Jacob, M Lohia, J George Joseph, H Biju, G Chopra. Adult Stem Cells for Spinal Muscular Atrophy. Bangladesh Journal Of Neuroscience. 2009; 25(2): 104-107
21. Sharma A, Sane H, Gokulchandran N, Kulkarni P, Thomas N, et al. (2013) Role of Autologous Bone Marrow Mononuclear Cells in Chronic Cervical Spinal Cord Injury-A Longterm Follow Up Study. J Neurol Disord 1: 138.
22. Alok Sharma, Hemangi Sane, Anjana Nagrajan, et al., “Autologous Bone Marrow Mononuclear Cells in Ischemic Cerebrovascular Accident Paves Way for Neurorestoration: A Case Report,” Case Reports in Medicine, vol. 2014, Article ID 530239, 5 pages, 2014. doi:10.1155/2014/530239
23. Alok Sharma, Hemangi Sane, Amruta Paranjape, Khushboo Bhagwanani, Nandini Gokulchandran, Prerna Badhe.Autologous bone marrow mononuclear cell transplantation in Duchenne muscular dystrophy – a case report. American journal of case reports (Ahead of Print
24. Sharma A., Sane, H., Paranjape, A., Badhe, P., Gokulchandran, N., & Jacob, V. (2013). Effect of Cellular Therapy seen on Musculoskeletal Magnetic Resonance Imaging in a Case of Becker’s Muscular Dystrophy.Journal of Case Reports, 3(2), 440-447
25. Alok Sharma, Hemangi Sane, Dipti Khopkar, Nandini Gokulchandran, Hema Biju, V C Jacob, Prerna Badhe. Cellular therapy targeting Functional outcome in a case of Cervical Spinal Cord Injury' Advances in Stem Cells Vol. 2014 (2014)
26. Alok Sharma, Hemangi Sane, Dipti Khopkar, Nandini Gokulchandran,Varghese Chako Jacob, Joji Joseph, Prerna Badhe. Functional recovery in chronic stage of spinal cord injury by Neurorestorative Approach. Case Reports in Surgery Volume 2014, pages 1-4
27. Alok Sharma, Nandini Gokulchandran, Hemangi Sane, Pradnya Bhovad, Hema Biju, Akshata Shetty, Mrudula Kali and Prerna Badhe, Cell therapy effects portrayed on positron emission tomography computerized tomography scan of the brain serve as a new dimension for autism: A case report (2014), Journal of Paediatric Neurology, 12:3
28. Alok Sharma, Hemangi Sane, Nandini Gokulchandran, Dipti Khopkar, Amruta Paranjape, Jyothi Sundaram, Sushant Gandhi, and Prerna Badhe Autologous Bone Marrow Mononuclear Cells Intrathecal Transplantation in Chronic Stroke Stroke Research and Treatment, Volume 2014, pages 1-9
29. Sharma A, Sane H, Paranjape A, Gokulchandran N, Takle M, et al. (2014) Seizures as an Adverse Event of Cellular Therapy in Pediatric Neurological Disorders and its Prevention. J Neurol Disord 2:164
30. Sharma A , Gokulchandran N , Shetty A , Kulkarni P, Sane H , Badhe P. Neuropsychiatric Disorder Tackled by Innovative Cell Therapy-A Case Report in Autism. The Journal Stem Cell Research and Transplantation. 2014 July(In Press)
31. Alok Sharma, Hemangi Sane, Nandini Gokulchandran, Prerna Badhe, Pooja Kulkarni and Amruta Paranjape. Stem Cell Therapy for Cerebral Palsy – A Novel Option. Cerebral Palsy. Challenges for the future. 2014: 217-242
32. Alok Sharma, Hemangi Sane, Pooja Kulkarni, Myola D’sa, Nandini Gokulchandran, Prerna Badhe. Improved Quality of Life in a Case of Cerebral Palsy after bone marrow mononuclear cell transplantation. Cell J. Vol: 17, No: 2, 2015. (In Press)
33. Alok K Sharma , Hemangi M Sane , Amruta A Paranjape , Nandini Gokulchandran , Anjana Nagrajan , Myola D’sa , Prerna B Badhe. The effect of autologous bone marrow mononuclear cell transplantation on the survival duration in Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis - a retrospective controlled study. Am J Stem Cells 2015;4(1) (In press)
34. Alok Sharma, Hemangi Sane, Pooja Kulkarni, Jayanti Yadav, Nandini Gokulchandran, Hema Biju, Prerna Badhe. Cell therapy attempted as a novel approach for chronic traumatic brain injury - a pilot study. SpringerPlus Jan 2015 (in press)
35. Alok Sharma, Hemangi Sane, Nandini Gokulchandran, Pooja Kulkarni, Sushant Gandhi, Jyothi Sundaram, Amruta Paranjape, Akshata Shetty, Khushboo Bhagawanani, Hema Biju and Prerna Badhe. A clinical study of autologous bone marrow mononuclear cells for cerebral palsy patients: a new frontier," Stem Cells International, Jan 2015 (in press)
36. K. Prasad, S.Mohanty, R. Bhatia et al., “Autologous intravenous bone marrow mononuclear cell therapy for patients with subacute ischaemic stroke: a pilot study,” Indian Journal of Medical Research, vol. 136, no. 2, pp. 221–228, 2012.
37. A. A. Kumar, S. R. Kumar, R. Narayanan, K. Arul, and M. Baskaran, “Autologous bone marrow derived mononuclear cell therapy for spinal cord injury: a phase I/II clinical safety and primary efficacy data,” Experimental and Clinical Transplantation, vol. 7, no. 4, pp. 241–248, 2009.
38. Mehta T, Feroz A, Thakkar U, Vanikar A, Shah V, Trivedi H. Subarachnoid placement of stem cells in neurological disorders. Transplant Proc. 2008;40(4):1145-7.
39. Purandare C, Shitole DG, Belle V, Kedari A, Bora N, Joshi M. Therapeutic potential of autologous stem cell transplantation for cerebral palsy. Case Rep Transplant.2012;2012:825289.
40. Bakshi A, Barshinger AL, Swanger SA, et al. Lumbar puncture deliv¬ery of bone marrow stromal cells in spinal cord contusion: a novel method for minimally invasive cell transplantation. J Neurotrauma. 2006;23:55–65.
41. R. Pal, N. K. Venkataramana, A. Bansal et al. Ex vivo expanded autologous bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stromal cells in human spinal cord injury/paraplegia: a pilot clinical study. Cytotherapy.2009 ;11(7):897–911
42. H S Chhabra, C Lima, S Sachdeva et al. Autologous mucosal transplant in chronic spinal cord injury: an Indian Pilot Study. Spinal Cord (2009) 47, 887–895
43. G. P. V. Subbaiah, V. Adavi, L. K. Chelluri, S. Laxman, K. S. Ratnakar, P. B. N. Gopal & K. Ravindranath. Preliminary report on the safety, efficacy and functional recovery of spinal cord injury with autologous bone marrow derived mesenchymal stem cells – a clinical trial. The Internet Journal of Spine Surgery. 2009;5(1)
44. Ravikumar R, Narayanan S , Baskar S, Senthil Nagarajan R, Abraham S. Autologous Stem Cell Injection for Spinal Cord Injury - A Clinical Study from India . JSRM. 2007; 3(1): p24-25
45. Ajay Bakshi,Alissa L. Barshinger, Sharon A. Swanger, Vinit Madhvani, Jed S. Shumsky, Birgit Neuhuber, Itzhak Fischer.Lumbar Puncture Delivery of Bone Marrow Stromal Cells in Spinal Cord Contusion: A Novel Method for Minimally Invasive Cell Transplantation Journal Of Neurotrauma. 2006;23(1): 55-65
46. MV Padma Srivastava, A Bhasin, S Mohanty, et al. Restorative therapy using autologous bone marrow derived mononuclear cells infusion intra-arterially in patients with cerebral palsy: An open label feasibility study. Neurology Asia 2011;16(3): 231-239
Address For Correspondence: Unit No 10, Andheri Industrial Estate, Off Veera Desai Road, Andheri West,
Mumbai – 400053, India.
Tel. +91 9820526618 | Email:- email@example.com