STEM CELL SOCIETY
(A National Association of Stem Cell Therapists)
Registration No: guj/2176/gandhinagar
Proposed as “Stem Cell Society of India“
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
I. AIMS AND OBJECTIVES : The Aims and objects of the Society for which the same is established are as under –
1. To formulate guidelines and ethical principles and assist and guide professional bodies, regulatory bodies and governments in the formation and modification of guidelines in alignment with the advances occurring in the field of stem cell therapy.
2. To incorporate the voices of patient population in the newer policies concerning stem cell therapy as well as have practitioners have a greater say in policy making.
3. To take decisions on what are the newer indications for stem cell therapy.
4. To set up an accreditation process for stem cell centers so that appropriate national standards for functioning of stem cell therapy centers could be framed and implemented.
5. To do all such acts, deeds, matters and things, as may be necessary, desirable or expedient, to further the attainment of objects of the Society, such as: (a) to set indications and contraindications for stem cell therapy; (b) to setup guidelines for each disease group; (c) accreditation of the stem cell therapy centers; (d) to set up guidelines for rehabilitation, following stem cell therapy; (e) monitoring and documentation and laying down of the standards for safety and efficacy of Stem cell therapy; (f) post treatment liability; (g) guidelines for documentation required/needed to be maintained; (h) set up/write up a standard informed consent, which can be used uniformly or as a framework for various disorders; (i) establishment of standard protocols; (j) to engage in dialogue with various regulatory authorities like ICMR, DGCI, Health ministry, etc.; (k) validation of treatment protocols; (l) guidelines for production protocols; (m) to carry out awareness programs/educational activities; (n) to ensure availability of treatment to the masses; (o) to make provision for handling medico-legal issues and make clear the society’s stand in this matter; (p) to chart out the standard operating procedure for the society; (q) approval or validation of types of cell types which can and cannot be used for various disorders; (r) to engage with other societies (both Indian and international) for better understanding and collaboration; and (s) maintain a national registry /database of cases treated.
V. ANCILLARY OBJECTIVES
1. To support in conducting of research in the areas of:
Cardiovascular disorders: For example, cardiomyopathy, ischemic heart disease, etc.
Haematopoietic disorders: For example - sickle cell, thalassemia, leukemia, etc.
Cartilage and bony disorders;
Corneal and limbal disorders;
Renal and hepatic disorders;
Disorders of the respiratory tracts;
Diabetes Mellitus; and
2. To support in setting up stem cell/other tissue banks, stem cell/other tissue banking, organ and tissue transplantation; conducting of clinical trials and clinical studies at all levels including institutional, local, regional, national as well as international; and carrying out basic fundamental research in all aspects of various diseases and injury as well as their current or potential treatments.
3. To provide assistance in training medical, paramedical and other staff in all aspects of the clinical and research work being undertaken and to support all educational activities both within India and overseas for the said purpose.
4. To study and evaluate the safety and efficacy of alternative systems of medicine such as Ayurvedic, Chinese, Homeopathic, and the like in concert with stem cell therapy.
5. To support research work, or work connected with or conducive to research and to encourage and improve knowledge of the persons who are engaged in any medical or related profession so as to make available medical relief to the public at large.
6. To provide support in patenting products developed as part of the Research & Development initiatives and indigenously developed research and therapy protocols.
7. To act as consultants and render technical and managerial services in the field of medical research and running of multi specialty hospitals, dispensaries, clinics, and laboratories.
8. To develop training modules, conduct training programs for professional development and accreditation and experience-based learning, in any field.
9. To prepare, edit, print, publish, issue and circulate, books, magazines, journals, circulars and other works on in the area of stem cell research and to maintain data centre, research centers, workshop and organizations related thereto.
Address For Correspondence: Unit No 10, Andheri Industrial Estate, Off Veera Desai Road, Andheri West,
Mumbai – 400053, India.
Tel. +91 9820526618 | Email:- firstname.lastname@example.org